Here at Eyexpo we clearly understand that you care about how your content and your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By using Eyexpo service, you are accepting the practices outlined in this document.Effective July 24th, 2017
1. Collection of information
We collect the following types of information
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you use, register for, or install a Service.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g. first and last name, address, phone number).
- When you upload content or other data to our Website through one of our mobile or web applications (“User Content”).
We may obtain information automatically about your use of the Website, including the type of browser you use, Internet service provider, access times, pages viewed, date/time stamps, clickstream data, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Website. Such information may include general log information about your interactions with Eyexpo or other websites, including tools or features provided by third parties.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Website, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers". Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software.
A device identifier may deliver information to us or a third party partner about how you browse and use our Website. Some features of the Website may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Log File Information:
When you use our Website, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
2. Using your information
We may use information that we receive from you for various purposes including:
- To improve our Website in order to better serve you.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and administrative messages, or otherwise enable communications about our Website.
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide support.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities relating to our Website and personalize and improve the Website and any content and advertising on our Website.
- Identify and address technical issues or errors relating to our Website.
- Solicit and analyze input and feedback about our Website.
- Use your personal information to verify your identity.
- Use your User Content to showcase virtual tours and images in our Website’s feature gallery.
- Share or sell your User Content for the purposes described in paragraph 3 below.
3. Sharing of your information
We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Eyexpo is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Website (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
We may also share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, metadata, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Services available to you through our Website ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
We may share or sell anonymized data derived from your non-personal information and anonymized User Content with other parties. We may also combine your non-personal information and User Content with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Website, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by Eyexpo and others. Upon sharing your User Content, you are providing Eyexpo the unlimited and unrestricted right to share, sell, market, promote, copy and use your User Content in its sole discretion.
Responding to Legal Requests and Preventing Harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request if we are advised by our legal counsel that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Canada where we are advised by legal counsel that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms of policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. Storing your information
Storage and Processing
Your information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in countries outside of Canada.
We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in countries or regions with laws governing data collection and use that differ from Canadian law, please be advised that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection or privacy laws as Canada or your jurisdiction. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to such transfer of information outside of your country.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal information including without limitation:
- Limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees who require it to provide services to you.
- Requiring employees to sign confidentiality agreements to protect customer and other confidential information.
- Ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes.
- Personal information collected is retained as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected.
- Encrypting credit card information submitted to use using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- Storing your personal information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. There is no guarantee against data breaches. In addition, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. In the event of a data breach, we will:
- Notify users at the first reasonable opportunity of the breach.
- Immediately apple remedial measures.
5. Children and minors
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are the parent or legal guardian of an individual under the age of 13 who may have provided us with personal information, please contact us to have this information removed.
6. links to web sites and services
7. Promotional communications
You consent to us sending you promotional communications form time to time. You may however, opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Eyexpo by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
8. consent regarding your personal information